We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Our finance team is looking to bring on an experienced Accounting Manager. This role will report to the Head of Finance and offer an opportunity to be hands-on building out how our accounting group operates.
With Embark still being a startup, the duties and responsibilities will evolve over time but we have compiled an initial project list below.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, & annual accounting activities including: booking detailed JEs (revenue, cost of sales & opex), account reconciliations, and producing financial statements
- Oversee AP/AR process making sure all invoices are paid in a timely manner and ensuring proper controls are in place
- Assist in implementing/maintaining policies and procedures to ensure best practices are in place as we scale
- Participate in strategic financial projects including implementation of Accounting/Finance ERP software implementations
- Assist in corporate tax filings, presentations, & FP&A activities as needed
Your Experience Might Include:
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, with a focus on accounting for start-up & experience transitioning companies from cash to accrual based accounting
- Experience advising on accounting implications to drive business decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a track record of building process and workflows
- Passionate about doing hands-on work, but with an eye toward scaling processes in the future as the company grows
- Experience in systems implementation is a plus
- Experience working with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance is a plus
- CPA or experience working in a GAAP environment is a plus
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights:
Embark Blog - Series C and Transfer Hubs
Forbes - 70 Million Dollar Series C
Video - Day in the life of a self-driving truck
Embark Blog - Disengagement Report
30 Million Dollar Series B led by Sequoia