Join Hinge Health, a rapidly growing VC-backed San Francisco digital health startup. Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our vision is to be the world’s most patient-centered Digital Hospital. We’re already achieving remarkable outcomes - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love. We've raised close to $51M and our growth shows no sign of slowing.
We’re looking for an experienced accounting manager to join us towards building out our accounting function. This is a ground floor opportunity where you can leave a big imprint. This person will be instrumental in implementing accounting policies and procedures, identifying audit risk areas, creating accounting schedules and helping the Company scale through automation.
The ideal candidate will have experience in audit, accounting or finance. Big 4 accounting and startup experience is a plus but not a must. We are looking for an individual who is willing to roll up their sleeves and own the day to day general accounting responsibilities.
- Help to bring the accounting function in house from an outside consulting firm
- Identify areas of audit risk for the Company and implement strategies and procedures relating to how the Company should mitigate those risks
- Create audit and accounting schedules related to the Company’s financial statement line items
- Prepare company for first year audit and manage day to day relationship with auditors
- Work on system implementations related to streamlining the accounting function.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Analyze financial information, summarize results, review trends and present information to management.
- Manage the monthly financial statement close process to ensure books are closed timely and accurately
- Assist in developing and managing the company’s accounts payable process, expense reimbursement process and payroll process
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Deep understanding of US GAAP
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn, grow and develop as the company grows
- Based in San Francisco, CA or willing to relocate
- CPA certification or on track for CPA license
- Worked in public accounting at a big 4 firm
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.