The Accounting team is seeking a highly motivated Accounts Payable Lead who is responsible for the management and support of all general accounts payable functions.
Reporting to the Controller, you will play a pivotal role as a key collaborator in all procure-to-pay procedures across the organization inclusive of accounts payable functions, reimbursements, and corporate credit cards. You have the highest moral standards, experience in handling highly confidential information, and ensure first-class service to our internal and external partners.
You are a dedicated team player, self-motivated, extremely organized, detail oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and participate in all the day-to-day accounts payable activities.
- Establish best practices inclusive of technology solutions related to the procure-to-pay workflow.
- Optimize use of procure-to-pay modules available in our banking and ERP systems.
- Oversee vendor setup, invoice entry, and record keeping, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare and review payment runs for accuracy, payment terms, and proper approval.
- Analyze invoice volume and processing trends to drive process improvements.
- Drive improved purchase order compliance levels through reporting and education.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures related to AP, reimbursements, credit cards, and internal controls
- Monitor and maintain accurate rent and financing schedules.
- Create and monitor corporate business accounts for various teams.
- Assist with month end close by completing various journal entries and reconciliations.
- Participate in audits by providing support and commentary.
- Recruit, train and develop new hires as the team continues to scale.
- Research and resolve escalated accounting inquiries.
- Prepare all regulatory compliance related to accounts payable (i.e. 1099 reporting)
- Communicate effectively to promote favorable partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other related fields of study
- Experience: 5+ years within AP
- Supervision: 3+ years in supervisory experience
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze issues and recommend/implement solutions
- Experience with Netsuite or other large scale ERP required
- Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Highest moral standards and safekeeping of confidential information
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.