We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Calm is launching its B2B business and we’re building our foundational go-to-market team. We are looking for our B2B Account Executives to play a crucial role in partnering with teams and companies to bring Calm as a benefit to their employees.
The ideal candidate is a sales executives who can successfully manage diverse deal cycles with enterprise HR and Benefits professionals. We are looking for a track record of consistent success with 5 to 8 years of quota-carrying experience, having sold to mid-size to large enterprises and having achieved 5- and 6- figure deal outcomes. Very importantly, we want you to have been an early sales hire in a growth startup that was very successful with an expanding sales team. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life and be inspired Calm’s mission of improving wellness, join us for an adventure that will define your career.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to inbound interest regarding Calm and how we can help them improve wellness and improve productivity
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Collect market intelligence and competitive information
- Craft a phenomenal first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a best-in-class experience and pleasant encounter with customer service
- Achieve quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- Co-sell some deals with our Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Partnerships
- Prioritize opportunities and apply appropriate resources
Who You Are?
- 5 to 8 years in a sales role, selling a B2B product
- Able to thrive in a smaller and sometimes ambiguous sales environment with multiple objectives and large impact
- You have previously worked in an early stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment
- Experience with new customer acquisition, trial management, and upselling
- Proven successful track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Interest in the Wellness and Meditation space a plus
- Prior success in selling into HR and Benefits teams a plus
- High-energy and embody a positive attitude
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team, and learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary and equity
- Take what you need PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!