BPM is a full-service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
BPM's Advisory Services group is looking for a Senior-level professional to join our growing Valuations practice. In the Silicon Valley, business is booming and with this climate, BPM is providing a fantastic opportunity for a Valuation professional looking to grow their career. We are looking for world-class talent combined with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to succeed. BPM professionals are a team of dynamic individuals who are passionate about their careers as much as they are about their personal lives.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor and key leaders of the Business Valuation team on LinkedIn like Nick Steiner, Edward Webb, and Kemp Moyer.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, applied mathematics or similar degree is required. Advanced degree in business or finance preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business valuation at a valuation, consulting, accounting, or investment banking firm.
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA, Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA),CPA and/or CVA will be considered a plus.
- Strong foundation of financial valuation requirements for fair value analyses under financial reporting requirements required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required. Experience with Crystal Ball and advanced analytical tools preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; strong business and financial statement analysis skills, solid understanding of the capital markets, and client and staff management skills are required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and growth mindset required.
- Understanding of derivatives and advanced modeling techniques for companies in the life sciences and technology industries strongly preferred.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Deliver high-quality valuation, financial modeling and transaction-related services to a wide variety of clients.
- Identify critical valuation issues and be a force for solving problems in an efficient manner. Research, propose, and execute relevant strategies to reach a resolution on such issues.
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to business valuation issues and issues related to a specific industry of interest.
- Perform reviews of third-party appraisals for audit support purposes
- Assist in business development efforts and collaborate with other BPM practices to build cross-functional relationships
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with clients and enhance services provided to clients through the effective use of technology, tools, staff utilization, and project management skills.
- Most important, be passionate about being excellent, being responsive, and being efficient while enjoying the culture of a high performing team that cares about working with each other to provide excellent services to clients.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.