ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
As a Software Engineer at Cafe X, you will work on our next generation robotic coffee bar system. You'll be a founding member of the in-house software engineering team that will work with our industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, coffee business operations and manufacturing teams.
- Work closely with operations and marketing teams to rapidly scope, build and launch new features on web-based products
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and build reusable code and libraries for the frontend
- Implement web security requirements into products
- 1+ year experience with web development
- Experience with React framework
- Experience with development of real-time web applications
- Experience in responsive web design
- Familiarity with CSS3, HTML5
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.