Lime is a technology company that is changing how people get from point A to B via our fleet of shared Lime-S electric scooters and Lime-E e-assist bikes. We're empowering our communities with new mobility options that are clean, affordable, and a ton of fun!
As a Back End Software Engineer at Lime, you will be building the core technology that powers our fleet of connected vehicles. We're launching our service quickly across the world, and you’ll be focusing on building the back end systems that can process boatloads of requests from our IoT devices and various consume/enterprise apps. You will also be given the chance to improve our suite of operational tools that enable our distributed workforce to charge, deploy, and maintain our electric vehicles. You’ll be working alongside a group of engineers, designers, and PMs from top schools and with experience building systems and apps at companies like Facebook, Twitter, Uber, and Square.
What You'll Do
- Develop robust systems that serve both our user-facing apps and our internal tools
- Be willing to pick up new programming languages and frameworks on the fly and help out where needed
- Closely monitor the performance of all critical parts of our stack and be able to respond to system failures
- Be diligent about tracking data so that we will have a good look into how we can improve our products
- Work with our talented team of designers, product managers, and operators
- Dogfood our product and document any bugs or feature requests
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- 2+ years experience in the industry, via internships or full-time positions
- You are fluent in at least one web framework, such as Ruby on Rails
- You have experience working with relational databases
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- You will have the chance to scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.