Location: Santa Clara or San Francisco
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
On Upwork Analytics, our vision is to harness data that drives action and value, to inform and empower our partners with insights about the business. We are looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics to play a key role in making that vision a reality. You will partner with a developing Marketing team to confront issues with data, resources and structures. Together you’ll build and execute a roadmap to overcome these challenges. We will look to you to form your team and construct frameworks & tool sets, all while delivering analytics value to the company along the way. Your success will make an invaluable impact on not only the company’s growth but also on the lives of thousands of users who come to Upwork to find economic opportunity. This is a true career opportunity to use your passion for data, with visibility and engagement at the highest levels of the company.
- You are the primary analytics partner to Upwork marketing leaders, and will establish scalable processes while providing analytical support to meet immediate needs for understanding performance.
- Hire, mentor, and grow a team of high performing analysts. Provide oversight and analytical thought leadership to ensure that outcomes are robust, actionable and reliable.
- Lead the execution of the marketing analytics strategy & setup in collaboration with partners in Data Engineering, Product and Marketing to create a robust, data-driven marketing machine.
- Improve tracking setups, collection and accessibility of marketing data
- Build compelling dashboards and tools to effectively utilize the data
- Create processes necessary for maximum democratization of data
- Develop optimization insights and leading KPIs to enhance our acquisition efforts across a variety of marketing tactics
- Drive analytics projects and experiments from end to end. Translate a business question into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis and effectively communicate recommended actions.
- Leverage your understanding of Upwork’s business to identify trends and find opportunities to unlock new sources of growth.
- Empower marketing partners with larger analytics projects such as customer segmentation, brand lift studies, attribution, test execution, and expected value modeling.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Bring 7+ years of professional analytics experience, including in a leadership role.
- You solve problems in your sleep. Applying critical thinking and a willingness to dive into the data, you produce immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability.
- We value an extensive background working with the full suite of digital marketing acquisition channels, particularly SEM, SEO and paid social. Retargeting, CRM/email, account-based marketing and brand experience a plus.
- You love a challenge and thrive in a dynamic setting. You are excited at the opportunity to build scalable analytics solutions and make your mark on the company.
How to really knock our socks off:
- You are an excellent manager and mentor, having proven your ability to lead & develop a team.
- You take ownership seriously and hold yourself accountable to always deliver & communicate in a reliable manner.
- You are a curious self-starter, driven to solve problems and find answers. You take charge and motivate others to achieve a shared vision.
- Deploy advanced skills in SQL, statistical analysis tools (i.e. Python, R, Stata) a plus.
- You are proficient in multiple analytics & visualization tools, particularly across the Google Marketing Platform, Big Query, and Looker.
- Possess a keen understanding of two-sided marketplaces and a deep curiosity about how they grow and thrive.
- Enjoy working in a highly dynamic environment where you have a strong voice and your decisions have a significant impact.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.