Location: Santa Clara or San Francisco
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork has the opportunity to be a leader in the emerging and highly profitable industry centered around services for freelancers in the US and around the world. Your role as the Sr. Director of Product Management - Freelancer Services is to define the product strategy and execution plan for our growth in this emerging market.
- You will lead with a compelling vision that motivates and drives dedication across the organization
- You will create a multi-year vision for services for our freelancer community including managing payments and reputation.
- You will lead the team that Invents, designs and builds solutions to address freelancer services needs including managing financials
- Take ownership of the results, tracking critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
- You will work with partners in research, analytics, product and marketing to build this new growth business
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data. Experience either in Payments, Product Management, and Operations is desired
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: solving for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves and jumping in when needed
- Flexibility to efficiently pivot and react to rapidly evolving goals and priorities.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with designing user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Demonstrated brilliance in solving hard challenges
- A background working in both large and small company environments
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, including a willingness to take risks.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.