ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
As an Android Engineer at Cafe X, you will work on our current and next generation Robotic Coffee Bar system and accessory products. Product-minded, you will be responsible for designing and building a reliable, intuitive and beautiful experience on mobile.
- Work closely with product, designers, and other engineers to develop new features for a reliable and delightful mobile experience
- Utilize industry best practices to improve the quality and reliability of existing products
- 3+ years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native apps for Android devices
- Understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- Expertise in building complex UI for multiple devices
- Automated testing experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.