ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
As a Robotics Engineer at Cafe X, you will work on current and future robotic coffee bar systems. You'll be a founding member of the in-house automation team that will work with our industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, coffee business operations and manufacturing teams.
- Design and develop our robotic coffee bars and accessories
- Configure, program, test and troubleshoot robotic coffee bar systems
- Maintain, support and update existing in-field robotic coffee bar systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, Automation Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience using Fanuc robots with Fanuc TP programming language.
- Proficiency with C, C++, Java, Python, Node.js, Go.
- An understanding of networking protocols including TCP/IP, Socket, WebSocket, and Binary Protocol.
- Fanuc Karel programming
- Experience in computer vision or Fanuc iRVision
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.