BPM is a full-service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM and some of our our key leaders within our International Tax practice like Rono Ghosh, Javier Salinas, Kathy Wong and Inna Merzheritsky, via the links provided. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
Our growing International Tax Services (ITS) team is looking for a dynamic Manager interested in taking their career to the next level. As a member of the ITS team, you will work on a variety of tax issues for multinational corporate clients, including tax planning, restructuring, transfer pricing, audit defense, researching and writing memorandum, tax compliance, and income tax provisions.
You will have the opportunity to advise U.S.-based and foreign-based multinational companies on the U.S. and foreign tax implications of their international operations, and coordinating U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy.
This is a unique opportunity to become a part of a high-growth practice and you will have the opportunity to make an impact from day one and help shape the future of the practice.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A strong regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- 5 years’ experience in public accounting with experience in International Tax.
- Extensive experience in researching complex tax issues and exposure to a variety of entities and industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. JD/LLM, MST is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organizations skills.
- Demonstrates proactive thinking.
- Ability to work in fast-paced professional services environment.
- Experience developing and training senior and associate level professionals.
You Will (Responsibilities):
- Oversee multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete domestic and international tax projects in a wide variety of industries and entities; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, research and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Manage the delivery of a full range of international tax services and advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations, as well as, coordinate U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy.
- Consult with clients on tax-efficient structuring of international transactions, effective use of tax treaties, planning related to offshore investments activities and repatriation programs to minimize US and foreign income taxes.
- Provide tax compliance and consulting to international privately held companies and individuals with cross-border transactions.
- Serving as a point-of-contact for client personnel with both tax and technical backgrounds.
- Supervise tax professionals’ assignments and manage the day-to-day delivery of tax compliance and consulting services to the client.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on industry trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.