ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
This position helps to maintain our robotic cafes by performing daily servicing and preventive maintenance. Other tasks involve troubleshooting our coffee machines, planning daily logistics schedule, investigating issues, conducting tests and reporting.
- Provide technical support to our Robotic Cafés in the field and in our manufacturing facility as needed.
- Learn and become an expert in performance maintenance of WMF Professional Coffee Machines.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports logs and records
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Travel throughout the surrounding area as needed to support new accounts
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and performing preventive maintenance
- Help build our learning and development guide for future Field Service Technicians
- 1+ experience as a Field Technician or a related field
- Experience working with vending machines; coffee machines a plus
- Experience in the coffee space is a plus
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Strong mechanical aptitude; plumbing and electrical knowledge a plus
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to maintain customer relationships
- Self-starter with a great attitude and professional demeanor
- Strong logic and reasoning skills
- Clean driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to listen, learn and act accordingly
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Apps and other organizational computer tools
- Willingness to learn from mistakes to grow and enhance skills
- Available to travel out of market as needed
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand continuously for up to 4 hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.