Location: Santa Clara or San Francisco
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
We are looking for a data-driven marketer to drive the strategic vision and operations for CRM initiatives with the goal of driving business growth. You will be responsible for all elements of our lifecycle marketing from setting the vision and high-level strategy, to managing the technical development, program execution, reporting, testing and optimization.
- Own the strategic vision, planning, development and execution of customer engagement initiatives across all channels
- Use analytics and deep customer insights to identify and execute innovative programs that continually push CRM initiatives to the next level
- Build and maintain a test and learn roadmap and work to continually iterate and optimize CRM efforts
- Lead the design and development of CRM reporting dashboards; establish templates and processes for regularly sharing out CRM progress and results with key stakeholders
- Coach a talented team of marketing managers and developers, ensuring their continued development and growth
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation and innovation that increase the operational efficiency of the email channel and enable scale while minimizing cost
- Manage vendor relationships and continually seek to grow and evolve our CRM capabilities by leveraging new third party systems and partnerships
- Drive the successful launch of CRM initiatives for new products and company priorities
- Create, manage, implement and optimize strategies that span customer activation, onboarding, engagement, retention and reactivation through the customer lifecycle.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 6-8 years in CRM including marketing technology and lifecycle planning, with deep experience in the email channel and a growth-mindset
- Experience applying a data-driven approach to identify, size and prioritize opportunities that drive increased engagement and retention
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
- Highly developed data literacy and track record forto optimizing marketing programs
- Strong understanding of consumer mindset; consumer empathy
How to really knock our socks off:
- Growth Mindset
- 5+ years experience working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Responsys, Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, etc.), comfort with data pipelines and architecture, targeting, multi-step workflows, QA, and reporting.
- Experience using SQL, python and/or other scripting technologies for marketing automation
- Proven ability to develop strategy and execute day-to-day tactics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and obsessive attention to detail
- Comfort with change in a fast-paced startup environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.