Capital Markets Manager
At Uplift, we’re on a mission to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners. We’re in high growth mode but we still hold on to the values that have inspired our mission since the beginning; innovation, diversity, agility, and a desire to help people elevate their lives. If our mission inspires you, let’s talk!
Uplift is the leading Buy Now, Pay Later solution serving the world's top travel brands. Uplift's complete range of flexible payment solutions are offered by leading brands throughout the United States and Canada including United Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Caesars Entertainment, Kayak, Air Canada, and more. Learn more at www.uplift.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading Capital Markets team managing daily relationships with external stakeholders and working closely with the cross-functional teams and Squads to solve complex problems for business efficiency and effectiveness. The role is also responsible for creating an industry-standard capital market reporting process and policies to scale for multi-billion-dollar originations on the Uplift platform. Leading weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to external stakeholders. The candidate will report directly to the Sr. Director of Financial Operations and will have the ability to influence short and long-term decision-making.
- Partner with Credit, Finance, Engineering, Data Science, and many other teams to collect and analyze data to report accurate information externally and internally.
- Own the reporting deliverables for Uplift’s financing providers covering credit facilities, loan sale investors, debt investors, and securitization.
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret business information and the key metrics for covenants monitoring.
- Drive the expansion of data architecture in Snowflake with integrations from cross-functional transactional systems for single-source of truth for external reporting.
- Analyze the performance of the Uplift portfolio to evaluate the impact of various funding strategies and impact on the P&L
- Support ongoing operational and onboarding due diligence for the Capital Markets team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to prepare materials to articulate Uplift’s Capital Markets strategy and operations in a clear and concise manner for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop complex funding models and strategies, while maintaining data integrity for efficient loan allocation based on multiple projections and scenarios.
- Act as a business partner to various Squads internally, influencing decision-making from a Capital Markets perspective.
- Provide support to various ongoing and future projects as needed.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or another highly quantitative/analytical field
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and executing ABS financing transactions, including warehouse facilities, loan sales / forward flow, and/or mezzanine debt.
- 4+ years of experience in Capital Markets function at an Issuer (online lender), Investment bank, hedge fund, or an asset management company.
- 2+ years of professional experience in SQL querying and proven ability to work with large and complex data set.
- Superior financial modeling skills, with experience modeling and evaluating structured credit transactions
- Knowledge to translate business requirements to Data Warehousing and ETL specifications.
- Ability to navigate a dynamic and fast-paced environment in an organized manner.
- Experience in project management & documentation using tools such as Jira a, Confluence, Google, and Word Suite.
- Data-driven approach and strong analytical skills.
- Clear and concise communication to translate complex problems into a structured manner for broad understanding across the organization.
- Altruistic, Humble, and willing to do whatever it takes to get projects to the finish line.
- Preferred/ Nice to have Qualifications
- Structured Finance understanding with consumer credit assets (student, personal, credit card, POS, auto, residential solar, residential mortgage).
- Experience in data analytics tools such as Python or R and BI/reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI a plus.
- You have a deep understanding of the legal structure and regulatory requirements for various financial instruments
- You are comfortable with risk-adjusted thinking and can understand when interpretive flexibility is warranted
- Medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement program
- 11 company paid holidays and unlimited PTO
- Life insurance
- 401K plan
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Pick-A-Perk program
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.