Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics, and deployment
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Design and Implement RESTful APIsLive and breathe reliability and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
What You Will Need:
- 4+ Years of experience as a software engineer Experience with Java, Go or any other backend language
- Experience with Postgres or any other SQL-like relational database
- Experience with Hadoop or NoSql data stores
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience with agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
Bonus If You:
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
At Lambda School, we're looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren't an exact match with what we've laid out in this job description. We're building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.