Job ID#: 26371BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Technician Team Leader
Job Category: Technicians
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technician Team Leader to join the Avionics Manufacturing - Electrical Test group, located in Poway, CA. This position will lead, monitor, and assign work per priorities and demand to meet the team and business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, performs testing, troubleshooting, modification, installation, and repair of moderately complex experimental and commercial avionics sub-assemblies, circuit boards, PWA's, and electronic equipment.
- Sets up and conducts semi-routine electronic testing (bench, environmental, and electro mechanical testing) records, interprets, and summarizes data and provides reports to management and engineering.
- Sets up and operates various test equipment to include, but not limited to power meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, multi-meters, and TDRs.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs complex digital and analog circuits down to the component level utilizing electronics troubleshooting techniques following established quality processes, standards, and safety regulations.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematic diagrams, test procedures, technical drawings and publications in order to test boards and components and upon failure be able to troubleshoot and find root case of the failure in order to process and correct the failure.
- Must have the capability to perform complex assignments and follow work instructions with little or no direction. Component level troubleshooting at the board level would be a critical skill. Knowledge of Electronic circuits, components, IC's in Analog and Digital circuits is required.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work independently as well as a team contributor.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and organizational demands.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, experience with LabView preferred.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work extended hours as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires associate's degree or equivalent with seven or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure, high voltage, high energy, cryogens, or radioactive materials.
- Must be able to work with common hand tools and operate laboratory test equipment.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
- Must have analytical ability to read and understand detailed instructions, drawings and specifications.
- Communication skills necessary to write and record precise information.
- Special skills and expertise to use complex equipment or experimental techniques.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret