IT - Tech Support Representative
IT - Tech Support Representative
Reports To: Help Desk Manager
Shift: Availability to work a shift between hours 7a-7p
Under general supervision, the Technical Support Representatives will provide technical support to end-users (customers) in a fast-paced call center environment. Technicians will provide support and solutions for a variety of issues to include but are not limited to, resolving username and password issues, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verifying established corporate hardware and software configurations, assisting with navigating around application menus and troubleshooting email issues along with other various tasks.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet;
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
- Gather customer's information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, IPTV, VOIP and more;
- Research required information using available resources;
- Follow standard processes and procedures;
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource;
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software;
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers' and clients' business;
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations;
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary;
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Professional phone etiquette
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar in English
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Effective listening skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Effective team member
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing list of priorities.
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION COVERS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DUTIES PERFORMED BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED. THE INCLUSION OF WHICH WOULD BE IN CONFORMITY WITH THE FACTOR DEGREES ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB
National Pen Company was founded in 1966, we are a world class provider of personalized marketing solutions that help businesses promote themselves and increase customer loyalty. We provide high value promotional products for businesses and professionals in every industry at low factory direct pricing.
We are headquartered in San Diego, CA with additional locations in Shelbyville, TN, Mexico, Ireland, and France. National Pen manufactures and assembles many of its products, allowing it to ensure exceptional quality and service through its dedicated workforce. National Pen is consistently recognized as a Top Distributor of promotional products.
National Pen is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants with regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.