Systems Administrator (IBM I)
Upwork has partnered with an enterprise client who’s the trusted data protection software leader modernizing disaster recovery and backup operations for the hybrid cloud world. They’re currently seeking for a Systems Administrator (IBM I) to maintain, upgrade and manage their software, hardware and networks.
What you’ll do:
- You will assist customer support in troubleshooting IBMi customer issues related to backup and restore.
- You will work with other engineers to develop automation scripts which perform system migration, cloning, backup and restore with IBM Cloud.
- You will create scripts for IBMi system administration, BRMS backups and system migration including D-IPL over iSCSI.
- You will install and configure software and hardware.
- You will manage network servers and technology tools.
What you’ll need to have:
- IBM i, iSeries, AS/400 System Administration (10+ years’ experience).
- i/OS support for versions V4R5 to Current Release.
- Hardware Management Console (HMC) configuration and support.
- IBM Power Systems Hardware configuration and support.
- IBM Server firmware support.
- Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) configuration and support.
- Internal/External (SAN) DASD general understanding and support.
- SAN replication methods (IBM FSFC) configuration and support.
- Virtual Tape Library (VTL) solution (Dell/EMC) configuration and support.
- BRMS (in-depth knowledge) configuration and support.
- Data replication (PowerHA, MIMIX, iTera, DataMirror, QEDD, others) configuration and support.
- MQ Series configuration and support.
- Excellent communication skills (English), customer service oriented, and strong technical skills.
Work from home or anywhere you want!
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.