Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been
repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work. You’ll be
surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their
patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock
Caring for San Diegans since 1924,
Scripps Clinic is San Diego’s first choice for exceptional primary care and
highly specialized care, offering a comprehensive range of medical and surgical
services that are nationally recognized for quality, excellence and innovation.
From primary to specialty care, our team-based model is designed to provide the
best possible care and outcomes.
Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center is accredited
by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care
equipped with four operating rooms and 14 pre-and post-operative recovery bays,
specializing in orthopedic surgery, gynecologic procedures, eye procedures and
The Surgical Tech will do the following:
- Ensure operatingrooms are ready for surgery, including all case-specific supplies and equipmentare sterile and ready for use.
- Monitor sterile field throughout procedure.Scrubs for cases, anticipates the needs of the physician and operating team.
- Takes initiative to utilize appropriate support services to resolve issues.
- Positions and transports patients.
- Organizes room cleanup and ensures efficientroom turnover, including decontaminating equipment as necessary.
- Coordinatesoutside vendors and trains others that work in the operating room as needed.
is a Casual position (M-F) working either 6:30a-3p or 9a-5:30p.
- One year of recent experience as a SurgicalTechnologist or completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist trainingprogram.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to multi-task and work well in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and able work well in a fast-paced,high stress environment.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for HealthcareProvider required
- CST Preferred
- Eye experience
- Ambulatory surgery experience