What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This position will be filled in either Sacramento or San Diego, CA.
There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
Open to all U.S. citizens under: SAC-2019-0374
Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Information Specialist within the California Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Manage the California Water Science Center science communications group, which is comprised of personnel responsible for media interactions and outreach, public information, internal and external web, and social media.
- Serve as California Water Science Center authority, and principal advisor to Center Director, on science communications for multimedia outreach events, media interactions, website and social media content overseeing the development of communication suitable for various audiences.
- Develop strategies and manages Communication of California Water Science Center Science via multiple media.
- Manage all California Water Science Center wide outreach and educational functions.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel of 1-2 nights per month may be required.
- Job family (Series)
1001 General Arts And Information
Conditions of Employment
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year probationary period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
- Selectee must provide a valid state driver's license & safe driving record.
Are There Any Special Requirements For This Position?
You will be required to operate a government-owned or -leased vehicle in the performance of your official duties. Applicants for this position must meet the following requirements: (1) possess a valid State license, and (2) possess a safe driving record. If selected, you will be required to provide proof of a valid State license & a copy of your driving record.
Because this position requires travel for official business, the selectee will be required to apply for a charge card within 30 calendar days of appointment. Individuals who have delinquent account balances from a previous Government charge card will be required to satisfy their existing obligation before a new card can be issued.
A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
If you are a Federal employee applying for a promotion (under merit promotion procedures) you must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
You must meet the requirements listed below:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in Federal service. Examples of such experience may include: edit complex scientific/technical material; make illustration design decisions on size, layout, medium, color, typography, lighting effects, etc; write printed/spoken media for general scientific audience or informed laymen; analyze & interpret written products to develop information on programs, policies, research of the agency; plan & produce complex illustrations of technical or scientific subjects.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the position by the closing date of the announcement.
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the above requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.