At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride,
support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top
100 Places to work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and
unlock your potential.
Carmel Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center is accredited by the Accreditation
Association for Ambulatory Health Care equipped with four
operating rooms and 14 pre-and post-operative recovery bays, specializing in
orthopedic surgery, gynecologic procedures, eye procedures and pain management.
We invite you
to join our highly engaged team in the Sterile Processing department, where we
work very closely with the Surgery department in a collaborative and fast-paced
environment. You will be working with a detail-oriented
team that is proud to have zero incidents of bioburden. Our leadership team provides amazing support
to the staff, and the surgeons we support have great respect for the team.
Processing Technician is responsible for the cleaning, packaging,
sterilization, storage, and distribution of medical instruments, equipment, and
supplies used for patient care. You will also:
- Cleanand disinfect equipment requiring decontamination or sterilization according todesignated principles of asepsis.
- Responsiblefor testing and recording of sterilizer equipment performance to ensureoperating within sterility standards.
- Maintainestablished control systems for supplies and equipment processed.
This is a Casual 8 hour position.
Required Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Completionof college training program for SPD or online study program or completion offormal on the job training program.
- Knowledgeof sterilizers, surgical instrumentation, and medical equipment.
- Excellentcommunication and customer service skills.
- CertifiedRegistered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or CBSPD Certification
- Oneyear of experience in SPD in lieu of certification acceptable upon hire, butCRCST or CBSPD Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- AmbulatorySurgery experience