Job Title: Staff DevOps Engineer, Big Data Analytics
Location: San Diego , CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
This position is with the service now big data team. The big data team is responsible for:
- Collecting, storing and real time access to large amount of data
- Provide real time analytic tools and reporting capabilities for various purposes including:
- Monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting
- Anomaly detection
- Capacity planning
- Data analytics
The big data team is a central player in the Service now organization. Our mission is to:
Deliver state of the art Monitoring & Analytics solution by employing new tools, systems and methodologies that improves our Operations, Support and Product Development allowing them to have increased customer satisfaction
- Responsible for implementing and administrating Hadoop infrastructure
- Experience implementing hadoop cluster security
- Experience with performance tuning various hadoop components
- Help with building big data deployment infrastructure
- Help with big data development projects
- Expert level experience in a hadoop administration (preferably Cloudera) role.
- Indepth knowledge of hadoop components such as spark streaming, hdfs, hbase, yarn, hive and impala (kudu a plus)
- Experence securing hadoop stack with sentry, ldap, kdc
- Indepth knowledge of Centos 6.x and 7.x and shell scripts
- Working knowledge of java, python
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skill
- Required MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 years + of overall experience with at least 2 in big data related positions.
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. The Cloud Platform Development team is a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.