Spill Response Technician - San Diego, CA
Marine Spill Response Corporation has an entry or mid-level career opportunity for a Spill Response Technician in Concord, CA. This position operates and supports all phases of oil spill response equipment and performs routine and preventative maintenance on various equipment. Prior oil spill response experience is a plus but not required.
- Participate in deployment, retrieval, cleaning, and storage of oil boom and sorbent materials, and assist in oil spill clean-up activities.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance and inspections on response equipment.
- Ability to operate small boats including use of navigation and radar equipment.
- Ability to complete required paperwork and reports properly and timely, and adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations supporting a safe work environment.
- Work effectively as part of a team, and perform other duties as assigned.
- In the event of a customer required spill or drill, the ability to report to assigned worksite location within a 2-hour recall notice, and, for spill responses, ability to work up to 14 consecutive days, if needed.
- High School Diploma, or GED equivalent.
- Valid Drivers License
- Successful background check, drug screen and pre-hire medical exam
- Possess or ability to obtain a TWIC card and Passport, and complete the 40 Hour HAZWOPER training (provided upon hire)
- Ability to travel as needed, including oil spill/drill responses as described above.
- This position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position, including lifting and moving of 45 lbs or more, ability to see, hear, and move safely, work in extreme weather conditions and wear personnel protective equipment correctly, when needed.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Employer matched 401k
- Generous Paid Time Off Program
- 4/10 Work Schedule (remain on call 24/7)
- On the Job Training
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, visit us at www.msrc.org
To facilitate process, internal applicants are encouraged to speak with their supervisor and/or their HRA about their interest in, and application for, this position.
Marine Spill Response Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MSRC prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or because an employee or applicant is a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, or other protected veteran.