Software Development Engineer
Amazon Fashion Tech is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team that is focused on building mission critical software used by Amazon customers. As a software engineer on the team, you will drive improvements to our technology, collaborating with sharp engineers and highly-engaged users to ship code continuously. We have many domains ranging from highly-scalable transactional backend systems, to complex optimization problems, to customer facing mobile apps, so if you love building world-class software of any type, most likely we have a place for you. We’re truly an agile shop: we work closely with users, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed, and are passionate about test coverage, refactoring and paying off technical debt. We are looking for software development leaders who share our vision for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems, algorithms and who love writing great code.
As a software engineer on the team:
· You will contribute to technical strategies, vision, and architecture
· You will solve a breadth of technical problems involving applied science, back-end software engineering, and user interface development
· You will design and build software that is highly available, performant, scalable, and extensible
· You will influence quantitative algorithms used (e.g. machine learning, computer vision) to make recommendations
· You will design and build software to train models in collaboration with applied science
· You will work with user research and user experience design to build new customer experiences with appealing, intuitive, interactive, and responsive user interfaces
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new customer experience for Amazon Fashion. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you. This position is located in San Diego, California. Lots of sun, close to the beach, excellent schools, and a great group of people.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
· 3+ years professional experience in large-scale front-end software development
· Experience with object oriented design and service oriented architecture
· Strong CS fundamentals with data-structures and algorithms
· Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
· Experience in an agile software development methodology
· Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully launched to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience driving operational improvements
· Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, product management, and senior management
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve code quality
· Track record of developing web services or other large-scale distributed systems
· Experience with front-end development
· Experience with machine learning and feedback loops