Note: This position may be filled at a higher level for candidates who have advanced knowledge, skills and experience.
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region's infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America's best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry's most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region's largest employers, we're always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Conducts studies, or acts as project leader, on complex studies or major projects involving development or resource plans and the
procurement of electric power. Provides expert testimony. Analyzes and recommends new modeling and analytical tools and techniques.
- Conducts studies, or acts as project leader, on complex studies or major projects involving resource planning and electric power procurement.
• Provides leadership, technical advice, training and guidance to others.
• Develops new modeling/analytical techniques.
• Work in direct consultation with middle and top management in decision making and resource commitments.
- Testify at regulatory hearings and interface with regulators and legislators.
Performs other duties as assigned.