We are looking for an Sr. Electrical Engineering Manager to join our Engineering team at our North American Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We are a leader in the global pool industry. Our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands; we offer our customers an expansive array of products across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets; and we have strong geographical footprint with operations in over 45 countries. With our merger with Zodiac, we now have over 5,500 employees and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
We are guided by clear values and come to work every day with a simple and direct mission in mind: To create the perfect pool and wellness experience. By staying focused on this mission, we will create value for all our stakeholders–customers, pool owners, investors and employees.
We own a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands, including Jandy®, AstralPool®, Polaris®, Cepex®, Zodiac®, CTX Professional® and Gre®.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The primary responsibility of this leader will be leading a team of engineers focused on new product development and engineering sustaining activities. This position will work closely with product managers and program managers to bring high quality products to market on time and on budget. The Sr. Electrical Engineering Manager is responsible for the design, development, deployment, operation and sustaining of hardware and firmware solutions for Fluidra’s Automation products and electronic related components used in other product lines. This person will lead an internal group of hardware and firmware development professionals along with key external partners to implement new solutions for growth as well as maintain and/or migrate existing platforms. As more of Fluidra’s products are entering into the IoT space, this person needs to work closely cross-functionally with Fluidra’s software developers and partners to ensure Fluidra's technology stack stays current and ahead of the ever changing IoT environment. This is a high-visibility role requiring someone who can formulate strategy and drive execution of tactical plans to achieve those goals. Additionally, you will:
- Define, develop, implement hardware and firmware development best practices
- Support Agile team development processes, helping to resolve roadblocks and impediments
- Measure and monitor the quality and progress of the work of the team and adjust accordingly
- Hire, coach, and manage staff as needed
- Provide career development and performance coaching
- Collaborate with peer managers to lead broader organizational initiatives
- Create a team culture that supports open communication, collaboration across teams and across sites, and empowerment to employees
WHAT WE SEEK
- Demonstrated understanding of embedded systems and experience working in hardware design/feature projects with experiences in various phases in requirements gathering, schematic and PCB layout designs/implementation, test/verification
- Demonstrated understanding of embedded systems and experience working in firmware design/feature projects with experiences in various phases in requirements gathering, code design/implementation, test/verification
- Proven leadership skills and track record of mentoring people and advancing the organization
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Must possess a professional demeanor and demonstrated effectiveness working with others
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience in AWS FreeRTOS, AWS IoT is a plus
- Experience in RF technologies (e.g., WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee) is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or industry experience equivalent
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
Company sponsored FUN events!
On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
Generous product discounts
In the pursuit of product excellence, Fluidra takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, team work, learn and adapt, excellence and Innovation.
For a deeper dive in to our corporate culture, click here.