Sr. ASIC Verification Engineer
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Be part of Project Kuiper’s sub-team responsible for defining and implementing the digital chip SOCs for communications via Low Earth Orbit satellites and Amazon gateways. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking wireless solution with few legacy constraints. The team works with customer requirements and wireless system teams to define modems, high-speed interfaces, embedded processors, and DSP solutions in latest CMOS generation technologies.
In this role you will:
· Implement a state of the art verification environment to facilitate testing of the RTL against reference Matlab/C models
· Develop detailed test plans and write tests, run regressions, collect coverage matrices and report progress to the program.
· Participate in the validation of FPGA prototype using test benches, which can be reused for the ASIC implementation.
· Run formal verification of complex blocks to ensure functional correctness.
· Work with the design and Communication systems team and participate in System level verification using test benches constructed using UVM, System C and DPI-C.
· Develop a highly automated environment to run regressions that can be used to make builds and maintain the sanity of the database.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or Computer Science
· 5 to 7+ years of experience in verification preferably in communication systems
· Master's or Ph.D degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering.
· Familiarity with formal verification techniques.
· Familiarity with Matlab.
· Experience in developing coverage-driven verification test plans.
. High level of pro-activity, initiative and problem solving.
· Familiarity with constrained random and assertion based verification.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.