Who We Are:
At Neurocrine Biosciences - voted one of San Diego's top places to work in 2018 - we pride ourselves on having a strong, distinctive and positive culture based on our shared purpose and values. We know what it takes to be great, and we are as passionate about our people as we are about our purpose - to relieve patient suffering and enhance lives.
What We Do:
Neurocrine Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing treatments for neurological and endocrine related disorders.
About the Role:
The Temporary Sr. Accountant works as part of the department to produce monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP“) and to support the Accounting leadership team in achieving the department's mission and strategic objectives.
Your Contributions (include, but are not limited to):
- Assist with the financial close process each month in accordance with the close schedule
- Prepare supporting workpapers for journal entries and account reconciliations
- Ensure that reconciliations and supporting schedules are completed timely and in accordance with the close schedule
- Internal and external financial statement preparation, including aspects of SEC reporting
- Assist in the preparation of financial information requested by the external auditors during the quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Perform initial review of journal entries prepared by staff accountant
- Support accounting leadership with ad hoc requests and support
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University required with minimum of 5 years' experience in a corporate accounting or finance function, public accounting or related
- This position requires broad accounting expertise, including financial statement preparation and analysis
- High level of computer proficiency, excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities
Neurocrine Biosciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer.