4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 20 years of GNF history!
This position provides an excellent opportunity for highly self-motivated and result-driven individuals to join the Drug Discovery Biology Group at the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF).
The successful candidate will become a key individual contributor in a dynamic and multidisciplinary team focused on uncovering targets to promote tissue repair and resolve abnormal remodeling in disease settings. The candidate will spend a tremendous amount of time developing cell-based assays, performing high-throughput screens and validating targets. Ideal applicants will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence.
- Design, develop, characterize, implement and validate relevant in vitro cell-based assays for identifying drug candidates.
- Document, analyze and interpret experiments for the evaluation of drug candidates.
- Present results within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve project goal.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you will bring to the role:
- BS/MS in life sciences discipline with at least 2-3 years laboratory experience in cell culture and assay development.
- Experience in primary cell isolation and culture.
- Experience in in vitro genetic modulation.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
San Diego, CA
Novartis Inst for Fun Gen inc
Research & Development