Are you looking for a job where you can grow, have an adjustable schedule, and have a supportive team behind you? Mission Healthcare is the company to give you that flexibility youre looking for! Mission Healthcare is a company that takes pride in putting their employees needs first. Employee happiness is key to work in a healthy harmonious environment and to ensure quality patient care.In 2018 we won The Pursuing Purpose Award, we take much pride and responsibility with receiving such an honorary award. One of our biggest motivators is to let our employees know they are making a positive difference in other peoples lives and that their jobs matter to not only the company but the rest of the world. Your voice is very important to our company. Come work for Mission Healthcare and see what Mission Healthcare can do for you!
Service Line: Home Health
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager
Reports To: Clinical Manager/DPCS
Essential Job Duties
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan which establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
- Current licensure in State, CPR certification and valid drivers license.
- One to three years of home health care experience preferred.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.