Radiation Effects Engineer
NO SOLICITATION FOR STAFFING AGENCIES
Company And Culture
Innoflight is one of San Diego's fastest growing Aerospace and Defense companies. Innoflight offers state-of-the-art software-defined compact/ground radios, cryptographic and cyber secure systems and processing, networking and data storage avionics. Become part of this small, agile, innovative and unparalleled company. You will have unlimited potential for learning and growth as we target the latest technology to provide products to enable New Space. Everything you do will have an impact!
- We offer a competitive salary, annual profit share bonus, and 3% employer-contributed 401K plan.
- In addition, we pay 80% of your medical benefits, dental and vision packages, Employee Assistance Program and a 9/80 work schedule.
This role will be responsible for analyzing customer requirements, flowing requirements down to the module level, evaluating components for radiation effects, devising test plans and procedures to qualify parts, performing radiation testing, analyzing radiation testing results, and managing radiation effects sub-contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with customers to determine requirements.
- Assist with building test configurations for conducting radiation tests on parts and systems for various flight environments.
- Developing test plans and procedures and coordinating testing with labs and universities
- Executing radiation testing for evaluation and qualification of electrical parts and systems
- Writing test reports and presenting analysis and test results to internal and external customers
- Working with engineers on parts selection and management/cataloging
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science) is required.
- 2 or more years of radiation effects experience in testing and analysis experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, radiation test facilities and outside services test partners with little supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of radiation effects on ICs, including, but not limited to, single event effects (SEE), total ionizing dose (TID), and extremely low dose rate sensitivity (ELDRS).
- Team oriented with strong communication skills.
- Basic electronics lab skills including operation of basic lab equipment, such as power supplies, multi-meters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Visio.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is constantly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Frequently required prolonged periods in stationary position at a desk entering text or data into a computer or other machine by means of a traditional keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to move, position self, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include clarity of vision at approximately 20 inches or less (i.e., working with small objects or reading small print), including use of computers, far visual acuity, and peripheral vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
$80,000.00 - $120,000.00
However, Innoflight considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. Employees may be eligible for profit sharing and discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Innoflight provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, 401K, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Innoflight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, dedicated to maintaining a safe, workplace environment free of discrimination and harassment, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.