Job ID#: 26362BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Project Manager - FMS Business Operations
Job Category: Program/Project Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the operational aspects of one or more project(s) and serves as a liaison between project management and the project team, planning, engineering, contracts, and pricing on managing/driving proposals for the Block 5 FMS group. Continually reviews status of project(s) and budgets to ensure project(s) are completed on time and within budget. Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet production, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management, line management, and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing proposal development activities for new and on-going International customers
- Coordinates internal proposal processes and documentation including strategy, coordination of subcontract proposal requirements, estimating, and program schedules
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Supports internal review process and post-submittal activities with customers including subcontractor technical evaluations and audit requirements
- Administer and execute policies, processes, and procedures that impact the assigned project.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and may present results to project management team and/or management.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Act as a lead providing direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess:
- Ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature.
- Strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- U.S Citizenship.
- Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales/Commercial proposal experience
- U.S. Government CPAR process experience
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No