MindTouch is looking to bring a Product Owner onto the team. We are growing fast, so if it’s a fit, you’ll be joining at a point where you’ll be able to make a significant impact on the company.
The Product Owner will be in charge of a specific vertical of the MindTouch product and will be responsible for iterating upon the product through focused feature development. Working cross-functionally across multiple departments, the PO will build compelling feature stories based on quantitative and qualitative research, execute by collaborating with and project managing development teams, and prepare features for market release by crafting a compelling story of use cases, market problems, and solutions for specific personas. Product Owners will be seen as SME’s in their own area, responsible and accountable for feedback and fixes, and will be relied upon by various business units to provide support as necessary.
- 3+ year of product development experience.
- Ability to conduct market, competitor, persona, customer, and product research
- Ability to build out a Product Story with use cases, market problems, VOC, market insights, etc.
- Work with Engineers to answer questions as they come up (design, metrics, examples, etc).
- Alpha/Beta feature testing including collecting feedback from customers, prioritizing feedback, documentation, communicating feedback back to development.
- Ticket monitoring and filing bugs.
- Ability to create Internal documentation surrounding milestones, config keys, customer feedback.
- Facilitate hand-offs between Product, Product Marketing, and Marketing teams.
- While not project managing Go To Markets, acting as key stakeholder to ensure product vision is met.
- Work with a Product Marketing Manager to hand off feature releases, help in the go to market as needed.
- Be available to assist front-of-house with Product related issues (Sales, Success, Support, Services, QA).
- Hold stakeholder (cross department) syncs to understand status, needs, and pains of front of house.
- Write product communications such as newsletters, emails, deprecations.
- Product process workflow management and ability to work with teams to adhere to that process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Proven work experience in product management or as a product analyst.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness jump and get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams.