California Bank and Trust, a leader amongst banks in California with over $10 billion in assets and nearly 100 branch offices in the state, currently seeks a Private Mortgage Banker in its Mortgage Loan division in San Diego.
California Bank & Trust prides itself on creating California's best banking relationships and to do this we continue to build a team of intelligent contributors who can add value to our clients' businesses and build deep roots in the communities we serve.
- Responsible for soliciting and bringing in mortgage business for the bank through previous contacts, relationships and referrals form real estate agents, builders, developers and branches.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines in the performance of loan originator duties.
- Interviews potential applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires and other information.; obtains and review pertinent financial and credit data.
- Responsible for assisting customers with information about loan types and interest rate options, locking interest rates as requested by the customer, preparing and sending initial disclosures to customers and submitting information to automated underwriting software.
- Ensures any re-disclosures are made timely.
- May order appraisals through system, arrange for title search and obtain necessary documents.
- Responsible to communicate with the customer throughout the process and work with processors through closing.
- Originates residential home loans.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, and changing rules and regulations pertaining to mortgages.
- Develops and maintains internal relationships to drive cross-sell opportunities for other bank products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a college degree and 4 years of mortgage lending origination experience required, including residential construction experience or other directly related experience. A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of residential construction and/or mortgage lending, processing, credit analysis and mortgage regulations.
- Broad knowledge of mortgage loan products, secondary market and underwriting guidelines.
- Proven sales experience and track record of achievement of sales goals.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory mortgage lending requirements.
- Ability to work with various types of computer software, i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Health / Dental / Vision benefits plan
- 401(k) plan with generous matching contribution
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Promotional Opportunities & career growth
- Stable Employer and a division of Zions Bancorporation. Zions is included in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Financial 100 indices