Sustainability considerations are integral to HP research and development. We continually challenge ourselves to reduce the environmental impact of our products and meet increasing customer demand for more sustainable alternatives.
Through our company-wide Design for Environment (DfE) program, launched in 1992, more than 50 environmental product stewards around the world work with design teams to identify and evaluate potential improvements in design alternatives, product labeling, chemical choices and recyclability. The principles of DfE help set requirements and fuel innovations in all new HP-designed hardware products and printing supplies. Environmental product stewards help teams to improve product performance, measure progress and communicate results to customers, HP management and other stakeholders.
This position is for a Product Steward to support world-wide indoor and outdoor air quality requirements and testing as they relate to the printing industry – 3D Printing, LaserJet, inkjet and graphics printing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure current products meet world-wide Air Quality regulatory and market access criteria throughout product changes and new or updated requirements.
- Work with Product Stewards and R&D throughout the Product Development Process to ensure new products meet regulatory and market access requirements, including performance of standardized testing and conducting exposure safety assessments.
- Respond to customer inquiries and support internal partner requests for customer support information.
- Lead and support the development and improvement of Product Stewardship Air Quality processes and tools.
- Drive Product Sustainability through efforts with R&D, Marketing and the Sustainability Team for products and businesses.
- Set up and lead Quarterly Business Reviews with business partners.
- Develop schedules, critical deliverables, budgets, resource allocation plans and other support requirements for assigned programs. (Project Management)
- Coordinate the Air Quality activities of project teams including internal and external partners; track progress against established plans and make decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocations to meet product requirements and development schedules.
- Communicate project status to a broad array of stakeholders and internal partners. Present summaries to management and team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Toxicology, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Physical Sciences or the equivalent.
- 5-10 years of Air Quality experience. Prefer world-wide experience, US, EU, China, etc. Prefer both Indoor Air Quality and Outdoor Air Quality experience. Experience in the printing industry a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The most important requirement for this job is passion: passion for customers, passion for technology, passion for the environment, and passion for learning.
- Desire candidates who have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and can learn Visio, MS Project, SharePoint applications, etc.
- A passion for organizing data, working with people, excellent phone etiquette and collaboration skills.
- Anticipate requirements and take initiative.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of partners, stakeholders, technologists, across the globe.
- Work in situations with modest ambiguity, bring passion to create solutions to problems or issues that arise.
- Ability to grow within HP into positions of greater influence and responsibility.