SAIC is looking for a cleared candidate with US Navy fleet experience and familiar with DOD Acquisition. The position and associated work assists with the implementation of Systems Engineering functions for a C-ISR Program of Record within the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I). The program is a CNO-directed mission critical system.
- Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and seek solutions.
- Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices and fleet experience.
- Elicit and refine customer-derived requirements.
- Ensure designs fully support documented requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Contribute to the development of revised and new principles and concepts for mission execution.
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
Applicable/significant experience is acceptable in lieu of a STEM type degree.
Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.