PCB Designer III
NO SOLICITATION FOR STAFFING AGENCIES.
Company And Culture
Innoflight is one of San Diego's fastest growing Aerospace and Defense companies. Innoflight offers state-of-the-art software-defined compact/ground radios, cryptographic and cyber secure systems and processing, networking and data storage avionics. Become part of this small, agile, innovative and unparalleled company. You will have unlimited potential for learning and growth as we target the latest technology to provide products to enable New Space. Everything you do will have an impact!
- We offer a competitive salary, annual profit share bonus, and 3% employer-contributed 401K plan.
- In addition, we pay 80% of your medical benefits, dental and vision packages, Employee Assistance Program and a 9/80 work schedule.
This position’s responsibilities entail design and layout of printed circuit boards. This role requires expertise in using high-end CAD tools to implement new PCB technologies and processes for design of complex analog, digital, and power multi-layer circuit boards as required by product development teams. Duties include PCB design, layout, documentation, and support of in-house manufacturing processes and outside PCB fabrication. You will be involved in design activities and will be involved in multiple projects to at a time.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and document complex printed circuit boards conforming to IPC and industry standards from schematics, parts lists, and functional requirements supplied by electrical and mechanical design team.
- Interpret requirements for product electrical functionality, manufacturability, and regulatory agency compliance into PCB design implementations.
- Generate all documentation required for release and production of PCB designs and provide subsequent Manufacturing support and revision through ECO process.
- Provide expertise to optimize PCB designs and to resolve PCB design technical issues at PCB fabricators and contract manufacturers.
- Maintain CAD library, including symbol, footprint generation, and database administration.
- Establish PCB design standards, procedures, and guidelines and assist with file maintenance and configuration control.
- Participate in structured product development programs in a collaborative team environment, working within constraints of program schedules and cost.
- Determine optimal multi-layer stack up, component placement, floor plan and routing feasibility studies.
- Create and release documentation for PCB fabrication per company guidelines including but limited to BOM, Gerbers/OBD++, pick and place, test point report, fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Route digital, analog, mixed signal and power functions as per best industry practice.
- Collaborate with electrical engineering group in PCB design reviews.
- Create/modify ECAD library parts as needed by design engineers.
- Participate in continual improvement activities involving design rules, design tolls, etc.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- 8 or more years’ experience in the design and development of PCB assemblies.
- 5 or more years’ experience with Altium.
- 5 or more years’ experience with Allegro.
- Design experience within Space and/or Aerospace industry preferred
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
$105,000.00 - $135,000.00
However, Innoflight considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. Employees may be eligible for profit sharing and discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Innoflight provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, 401K, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Innoflight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, dedicated to maintaining a safe, workplace environment free of discrimination and harassment, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.