At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join the team at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines as a Patient Service Representative supporting our Phlebotomy department. This position is responsible for managing a high volume of patient interaction in a front desk check-in setting, as well as managing lab orders and monitoring incoming and outgoing calls and faxes. You will experience the pride and support of being a member of an outstanding team where we share a culture of providing excellent care to our patients and each other. You'll be on the front line for creating a positive Scripps Health experience for our patients.
Patient Service Representative duties may include the following:
- Interacting with patients, payers and providers to gather information necessary for accurate registration including assigning of Medical Record Number, scheduling, referral/authorizations, payment collection, document collection and arrival/check-in functions.
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires.
- Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
- Scheduling patient appointments. Successful scheduling includes exhibiting proficiency in appointment scheduling procedures, accurate documentation and routing of messages, scheduling and confirming appointments according to guidelines, entering insurance, performing Key User duties.
- Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
- Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and is able to accurately identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This is a benefit-eligible, Full Time, Varied shift position (daytime hours, some Saturdays included) primarily located at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines. Flexibility is necessary as floating to various Scripps labs will sometimes be required.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
- 1 or more years of experience customer service or healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
- Prior patient scheduling experience.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers.