At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team supporting the Family Practice department as a Patient Service Representative at our Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley location. The ideal candidate will thrive in a high patient volume environment and enjoy working and learning in a variety of areas while scheduling patient appointments and taking messages, as well as assisting our patients with the check out process. You'll be on the front line for creating a positive Scripps Health experience for our patients while being responsible for the following:
- Interacting with patients and providers to gather information for accurate registration. Assigning of Medical Record Number, appointment scheduling, point of service payment collection, document collection and check-out functions.
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires.
- Effectively managing the check-out process, which includes identification verification; confirming demographic and insurance information; ensuring appropriate forms are provided, signed and witnessed at the time of the patient visit and accurately preparing end of day reporting or payment reconciliation.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments and entering appropriate insurance.
- Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
- Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and being able to identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This is a benefitted Full Time, Day Shift position located at Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley. This position will be Monday – Friday from 10AM - 7PM with rotating Saturday shifts from 8AM - 12PM.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
- 2 or more years of experience in customer service or healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
- Previous experience with EPIC.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers.