At Scripps Health, you
will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized
as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by
people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and
their teammates. So, if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your
Join Our Team of Patient
Care Assistants in our Medical/Oncology Acute department at Scripps Mercy
Hospital San Diego located in the heart of Hillcrest. Founded in 1890 by the
Sisters of Mercy, Scripps Mercy Hospital is San Diego’s longest established
hospital, the only Catholic medical center and the largest teaching hospital in
As a Patient Care
Assistant, you will provide excellent service to patients as a key member of
the clinical care team.
- Assists patients with personalneeds and activities of daily living, collects data, and ensures thepatient has a safe, organized environment.
- Assists with patient carewithin the scope permitted and under the direction of a clinician.
- Supports the unit with avariety of patient logistic, clerical, equipment/supply, and chargereconciliation duties.
This is a Full-Time (72
hours per pay period) position with a 12-hour rotating night schedule. This
position is located at Scripps Mercy San Diego
- One year of recent experienceworking under the license of a licensed healthcare provider OR
- current enrollment orcompletion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognized school OR
- current enrollment in anRN program with completion of the second semester, including nursingfundamentals
- Must be able to speak, read andfollow instruction in English
- Excellent interpersonal skillswith a service aptitude
- American Heart Association(AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider
- One year of acute care settingexperience preferred
- Multiple patient care skillspreferred
- CNA certification preferred