At Scripps Health, you
will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized
as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by
people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and
their teammates. So, if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your
Scripps Mercy Hospital
San Diego is located in the heart of Hillcrest. Founded in 1890 by the Sisters
of Mercy, Scripps Mercy Hospital is San Diego’s longest established hospital,
the only Catholic medical center and the largest teaching hospital in the
region located in the heart of Hillcrest.
We invite you to join
our highly engaged Float Pool team of Patient Care Assistant’s and be a key
member of an outstanding clinical care team. The ideal candidate will thrive in
a fast-paced environment and provide excellent service to patients.
The Patient Care
Assistant provides excellent service to patients as a key member of the
clinical care team.
- Assists patients with personalneeds and activities of daily living, collects data, and ensures thepatient has a safe, organized environment.
- Assists with patient carewithin the scope permitted and under the direction of a clinician.
- Supports the unit with avariety of patient logistic, clerical, equipment/supply, and chargereconciliation duties.
This is a Full-Time (72 hours
per pay period), with a rotating night work schedule that includes weekends.
Position will float between Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego and Scripps
Mercy Chula Vista.
- One year of recent experienceworking under the license of a licensed healthcare provider OR
- current enrollment orcompletion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognized school OR
- current enrollment in an RNprogram with completion of the second semester, including nursingfundamentals.
- Must be able to speak, read andfollow instruction in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skillswith a service aptitude.
- American Heart Association(AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider
- CNA certification.
- Multiple patient care skillspreferred.
- Preferred one-year acute careexperience