PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION.
The Scripps Health Express Clinics will provide same day access for patients either through appointments or on a walk-in basis for acute care of a defined set of minor medical conditions. The clinics are intended to provide additional access point for our patients seeking care for non-chronic issues and will not replace the Primary Care Physicians or existing Urgent Care Clinics.
The Scripps Health Express Clinic Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) works autonomously within a medical office building, providing first line acute care for minor conditions under the supervision of a remotely-based Medical Director. The APC works to ensure prompt and convenient access for scheduled and walk-in patients, strives to ensure successful growth of the practice, and provides excellent representation of Scripps in all professional aspects. When necessary, the APC facilitates transfer to a higher level of care to the patients primary care provider/care team, specialty, and/or UC/ED. Patient care may be delivered in-person, electronically, or telephonically.
The APC is expected to meet the highest standards for clinical capability, competence, professional education, quality improvement and overall excellence in patient care delivery. The position requires a current California Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license and DEA furnishing certificate.
- Provides medical care for common acute conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Minor infections, including those involving the respiratory, genitourinary, dermatologic, ocular, and gastrointestinal systems
- Musculoskeletal complaints and minor injuries
- Asthma, allergy
- Provides wellness services as defined by organizational needs
- Able to diagnose and treat patients from age 5
- Reviews daily and monthly metrics as defined by Scripps
- Reports to Clinical Director on a regular basis
- Works with operational team to ensure a smooth operation of clinic services
- Provides immunizations as required
- Is adept at POC testing (Point of care)
Recognizes limits of care and discusses cases with supervisor appropriately
- Comfortable with use of an electronic medical record, given adequate training
- Objective judgment
- Committed to highest clinical standards
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Respected by colleagues and ancillary staff
- Supportive of the Medical Group's mission and goals
- Has excellent clinical judgment & demonstrated competence in acute care delivery
Job Location (Various)
San Diego, California, United States
Scripps Health Express Clinics
Scripps Coastal Medical Center - Various locations
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.