Mechanical Electrical Assembler Tech I
Arc Products, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, designs and manufactures automated welding systems focused on fixed automation, orbital TIG and orbital MIG. Located in San Diego, California, Arc Products engineers and manufactures standard and custom automation systems for simple to complex applications.
Reporting to the Mechanical Electrical Assembly Lead of Arc Products this position must be aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of quality objectives. This position is responsible for the assembly of various components and sub-assemblies, load software into assemblies and resolve assembly issues as they arise.
Essential Abilities, Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assemble parts.
- Inspect and test completed units.
- Read and interpret schematics, blueprints, and drawings.
- Interpret instructions.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
- Request parts or supplies as needed.
- Tag or mark identifying information on parts.
- Grease or lubricate parts.
- Tap or ream holes with drill presses.
- Attach nameplates to assemblies.
- Adjust and grind down parts if necessary.
- Position and fasten units to assemblies and subassemblies.
- Fasten cables and wiring.
- Solder electrical components.
- Test for mechanical reliability.
- Disassemble units to replace parts for repair.
- Crate parts or assemblies for shipping.
- Minimum 3 years experience in some but preferably all of the following trades: Sheet metal, electrical testing, mechanical assembly, use of voltmeters and basic plumbing knowledge.
- Time management, scheduling and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work well with Engineers, Management and Production Operations team members.
- Ability to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining extremely high quality standards.
- Ability to prioritize resources based upon needs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. The Lincoln Electric Company will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.