JSL Technologies, Inc. (JSL) is a certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and Veteran-Owned government contractor providing engineering, logistics, and program support services to the Department of Defense (DoD). Our team of over 350 employees is committed to delivering practical, innovative, and affordable solutions. We are headquartered in Oxnard, CA and provide top tier services across the nation. JSL fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed, and highly accomplished professionals who respect each other, hold themselves accountable, and continually strive for improvement. We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants must have an active security clearance and/or the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance. Selected candidates will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain a DoD government-granted security clearance. Individuals will be subject to a background investigation to include but not limited to, criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
This position supports the Modernization and Logistics contract at the Naval Station, San Diego. This person will be responsible for analyzing and coordinating the logistical functions. In addition, they will also be responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- Perform logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating logistics actions required to certify and ensure adequate logistics support for assigned combat systems and major weapon systems installed in ships during various types of overhaul and repair activities.
- Assist with assessments On-Board Naval ships, including Aegis Weapons System (AWS) and Vertical Launching System (VLS) equipment needing removal, shipment and repair.
- Compile and provide accurate material lists for Installation and Modernization efforts and will continue to provide material management services on time.
- Assist LOGREPs with parts assessments and create a Master Inventory spreadsheet of items assessed.
- Provide support to the On-Board Repair Parts Supportability Assistance Team (OBRPSAT), whose primary purpose is to assure the supportability of the AWS and the VLS, with a complete and accurate inventory of all of their respective repair parts.
- Supports the Maintenance Assistance Modules Supportability Assistance Team (MAMSAT) by assessing inventory on the Ships and to ensure that the Maintenance Assistance Modules (MAMs) modules are in their properly assigned locations for easy access by the crew.
- Receive, manage, and inventory all incoming material for LOGREPs and update master equipment status, using Navy supply systems such as OneTouch, Priority Material Office and Haystack Gold in order to verify part information, codes, and quantities in the fleets supply to create and/or edit hard and soft copy reports after ship assessments.
- Enter data into Navy Supply Systems, assemble and disassemble crates and boxes and utilize Microsoft Office programs to perform inventory and records material management
- Organization Highly organized and able to prioritize tasking.
- Time Management uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources
- Customer Service manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Computer Skills demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technological skills up to date
- Analytical Skills synthesizes information; collects and researches data; designs work flow
- Communication Skills (oral and written in English language) expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibits good listening skills and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods; speaks clearly; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Design & Attention to Detail generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail; follows instructions; responds to management direction
- Adaptable adapts to changes in the work environment; multitasks efficiently and effectively; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Teamwork demonstrates professional interpersonal skills; balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyones efforts to succeed
- Personal Appearance dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed
- Attendance/Punctuality consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Quality demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly
- Active security clearance level Secret
- Minimum of 5 years experience with US military logistics
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Navy supply systems such as OneTouch, Priority Material Office and Haystack Gold.
- Knowledgeable in RSUPPLY.
- Navy Shipboard Experience with Aegis CG or DDG background preferred.
JSL Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.