At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide senior-level administrative support and manage day-to-day operations for the Law Department personnel located in San Diego, CA. The position requires exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, multi-task corporate environment.
In this role, the selected candidate will be required to interface and communicate with Company executives and employees, as well as outside legal counsel, and other external persons. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing communications and calendars for multiple attorneys
- Administering Law Department matter management and e-billing system
- Arranging meetings and travel
- Helping to prepare and coordinate materials for meetings
- Facilitating outside counsel visits and meetings
- Providing back-up administrative support in the Law Department
- Executing other administrative tasks as needed/assigned.
Qualified candidates must have a history of demonstrating good judgment, confidentiality, discretion, exhibiting enthusiasm for tasks at hand, work well in team environments and exhibiting uncompromising standards of quality, integrity and responsibility. The selected candidate will be someone who is high-energy, thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and occasionally is available to work extended hours as needed to support the requirements of the position.
This job is located at the Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector in San Diego, CA. Relocation is not available.
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 6 years of experience in an administrative support position, or a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of administrative support experience
- Must have 4 years of advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization and with outside organizations/individuals; ability to protect and maintain confidentiality; ability to prioritize, execute tasks independently and take initiative
- Previous experience (2 years) in a corporate in-house law department or law firm
- Previous experience with a government contractor
- Previous experience with legal research tools, such as Westlaw
- Bachelor's degree
- Notary public commission or willingness to obtain and maintain
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.