Looking for an enthusiastic Lab Technician to support experiments across all active research projects. The successful applicant will participate in a broad range of programs in a dynamic company and must enjoy, and flourish, in a fast-paced team environment.
- Accurately perform specimen labeling, handling, preservation, processing or preparation, and specimen storing.
- Verify patient sample and label with the generated work list.
- Follow established protocols for the procurement and the storage of clinical laboratory samples.
- Bring to the attention of the Lead Technician or Supervisor problems regarding the resolution and documentation of clinical samples that do not meet the specimen acceptance criteria for testing.
- Responsible for the operation of automated instruments.
- Responsible for the performance of quality control procedures.
- Accurately and legibly transcribes quality control and data that has been previously recorded either automatically by a testing instrument or manually by assay operator.
- Learn new procedures/assignments in a reasonable time frame.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Completes assigned tasks within assigned time frame.
- Follows work priorities as defined by the Department Supervisor, or Lead Technician.
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Ability to qualify Class 100 gowning and maintain a qualified status.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to read and accurately follow the instructions of standard operating procedures
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.