Job ID#: 26423BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Internship - Additive Manufacturing (AM) - Summer 2020
Job Category: Engineering, Manufacturing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We have an exciting new opportunity for an undergraduate to Intern within our Plastic & Metal Additive Manufacturing Engineering team in our Additive Manufacturing (AM) Center of Excellence for Summer 2020.
This position will support both the metal and plastics AM efforts at GA-ASI in design (DfAM), process and parts qualification, first article, production, metrology, technology assessment and development. Although it is part of the Aircraft Systems Manufacturing group, this position will be interacting with various other internal and external stakeholders such as Design engineering, Materials & Processes engineering, Programs management, and Supply Chains working side-by-side with our team of AM Subject Matter Experts (SME) to help integrate metal AM into GA-ASI's products and processes. This position will provide the candidate with an opportunity into the growth of metal and plastics AM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Understanding of metal AM (LPBF, DED) and participate as interface with engineering stakeholders such as design, materials, process and quality.
- Support technology exploration, assessment and incubation.
- DfAM projects support and point contact for internal stakeholders, to support design engineering's learning and teaching of DfAM, as well as supporting software tool assessment and testing.
- Machine (metal and plastics) qualification support, and integration into Center of Excellence
- Support with AM training program content development and organization
- Support material qualification effort on new insourced printers
- Support metal AM manufacturing testing and printing activities
- Support with qualification of post processing technologies for metal and plastics AM (SLS, FDM and LPBF).
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student at a recognized college or university.
- The ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately
- The ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Must be US Citizen
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No