Are you looking for a job where you can grow, have an adjustable schedule, and have a supportive team behind you? Mission Healthcare is the company to give you that flexibility youre looking for! Mission Healthcare is a company that takes pride in putting their employees needs first. Employee happiness is key to work in a healthy harmonious environment and to ensure quality patient care.In 2018 we won The Pursuing Purpose Award, we take much pride and responsibility with receiving such an honorary award. One of our biggest motivators is to let our employees know they are making a positive difference in other peoples lives and that their jobs matter to not only the company but the rest of the world. Your voice is very important to our company. Come work for Mission Healthcare and see what Mission Healthcare can do for you!
Service Line: Hospice
Job Title/Position: Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
Reports To: Clinical Manager or DPCS
The Hospice LVN works 12pm-8:30pm.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, SW, ST, Dietician or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic technique.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patients response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization's quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
- LVN will preform Crisis Care when the patient requires that higher level of care.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
- Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the State.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Understands philosophy of hospice concept. Also understands needs of the terminally ill.