Are you looking for a job where you can grow, have an adjustable schedule, and have a supportive team behind you? Mission Healthcare is the company to give you that flexibility youre looking for! Mission Healthcare is a company that takes pride in putting their employees needs first. Employee happiness is key to work in a healthy harmonious environment and to ensure quality patient care.In 2018 we won The Pursuing Purpose Award, we take much pride and responsibility with receiving such an honorary award. One of our biggest motivators is to let our employees know they are making a positive difference in other peoples lives and that their jobs matter to not only the company but the rest of the world. Your voice is very important to our company. Come work for Mission Healthcare and see what Mission Healthcare can do for you!
Business Service Line: Home Health
Job Title/Position: Home Health Clinical Educator
Reports to: Director of Financial Operations
The Clinical Educator is responsible for maintaining and implementing education to all clinical staff. Works closely with all Branch Director and Field staff supervisor ( FSS ) to monitor educational standards. Will monitor documentation, clinical skills, set up workshops for ongoing education. Will work with FSS on the clinical orientation processes. Facilitates consistency of standardized education policies , procedures and programs.
Partners with Clinical Operations, Performance Improvement, Compliance and Service Operations to ensure education and training is aligned with current clinical standards, guidelines, relevant statutes. Rules and regulations.
- Develops clinical competencies
- Evaluates performance of Clinical Staff
- Assists Clinical Managers to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel, and training programs to expand the capacity of all staff through in-services and continuing education programs.
- Focus on PDGM (Patient Driven Groupings Model) education.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) and their proper application. Reinforces the use of Clinical Practices departmentally through example and staff training.
- Oversee and lead training and education of clinical team on use of primary information system.
- Utilizes information received for performance improvement
- Preforms joint visits as needed to help with development of clinical staff.
- Demonstrates complex problem solving skills.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the company.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Travel is required, both local and out-of-town.
- Registered nurse in the State of California with current licensure to practice professional nursing.
- Bachelors degree in nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing. Masters degree preferred.
- Home Health experience and advanced knowledge of regulations in Home Health required.
- Knowledge of PDGM a plus.
- Clinical Programming experience in Cardiac, COPD, or Wound Care a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work.
- Demonstrates desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks.
- Completes work, care and documentation with accuracy and within company time frames.
- Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed.